Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Green Smoothie Girl

Ashtyn loves green smoothies.
My favorite recipe:
spinach
other greens such as kale, swiss chard etc
teaspoon of chopped ginger
enough stevia to sweeten it
1 tbs flax oil
Blend above ingredients in two cups of water.

Add
1 banana
Juice of 1 lemon or grapefruit
Juice of 1 lime
1 apple
Blend again until smooth, preferably in a Blendtec.

I didn't add berries to the smoothie posted but I also love adding berries or cocoa powder.
You can also add avocado, parsley, peppers, celery, pears, peaches, or mango.
Use you imagination. It's fun and healthy. I have found like I really like drinking my veggies.
Remi and Lance will drink berry smoothies with a few greens hiding. I also only sweeten their smoothies with stevia and they taste awesome.


Remi in Mink Creek with her cousins.
Sydney, Michael, David and Emma. Grandpa is in back working on the tubing run.

No comments: